Subscribe!

Join Our Mailing List
Email:

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Lyle: the video

One of my coaching students, also a student at the local Christian University, and also the wife of the pastor of the church we attend, made this video for her class on videography. I thought it was kinda cool as a study in what the Russians find noteworthy in describing a guy who came to live in their country.




У нас были две машины в Штатах, а здесь у нас нет машин вообще.
We had two cars in the States, but here I don't have even one.

Зато я могу километрами ходить каждый день и  к тому же это полезно.
But I walk up to several kilometers a day here, and that's good for me.

У нас был свой дом. Мы продали этот дом и практически все, что в нем находилось за один день.
We had our own home. We sold it in one day, and everything in it in just about a day.

Продали машины, дом. В Америке я получал за минуту 1,5 доллара, то есть 45 рублей, а здесь я ничего от вас не получаю,  кроме удовольствия!
In America I earned $1.5 a minute (that is 45 rubles), but here I get nothing from you but enjoyment in my work!

За 15 лет до нашего переезда в Россию, мы с женой знали уже, что Бог нас призывает в эту страну, но не понимали пока как, когда.
15 years before we moved here, my wife and I knew that God had called us to Russia, but we didn't understand how and when.

Прожив в России 2 года, я начал понимать, что борюсь здесь с определенным духом, я называю это духом сиротства.
After a couple of years living here, I started to understand that I was dealing with a certain spirit that I call an orphan spirit.

Сиротство – это не просто проблема определенных детей. Сиротство присутствует в любом народе, где есть проблемы в семье, где вообще не понимают ценность родительских отношений.
Orphanhood is not merely a problem of certain kids. It is a problem that any culture can have where there are dysfunctions in the family, where the value of parenting is not appreciated.

Часто меня спрашивают: «Откуда ты понял, что твое призвание ехать именно в Россию»?
People often ask me: How did you understand that your calling was to Russia?

 У меня был учитель в воскресной школе, он историк, он часто говорил, о том, как страдают люди в Советском Союзе.
 I had a Sunday school teacher who often talked about how people suffered in the Soviet Union for their faith.

 И что мы, в отличие от них не страдаем. Вот это и засело у меня в голове.
 And that we didn't suffer. That stuck in my head.

 Я вижу одно преимущество в русских людях, в том, что когда они понимают важность чего-то, они загораются этим и хотят изменяться и получать все больше навыков и знаний в данном вопросе.
 I see one advantage in Russians. That is that when they understand the importance of something, they burn with a desire to change and get the skills and knowledge they need for it.

 Они обучаемы. Здесь люди готовы глубоко вникать в суть вещей.
 They are teachable. They are ready to go to the very essence of something.

 Очень благодарен Богу за то, ч тоя твердо, без сомнений, верю, что я должен быть сдесь.
 I am tremendously grateful to God that I definitely, without doubt, know that I am supposed to be here.

 Конечно, не могу сказать, что здесь все обходится без проблем, но почему-то Бог благословляет.
 I can't say that we don't have problems here, but God seems to be blessing us.

2 comments:

Aluminium Planters said...

nice to watch this,very easy to read,

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.